How to Compete in the Open

, ,
With the CrossFit Open less than a month away, I'm starting to get excited to see what 2017 has in store for us! If you've never done the open before, this is a great way to compete at whatever level you're at, and take part in the camaraderie…

Preseason with CrossFit Walnut Creek

Big props to everyone that did the Open Preseason workout last week at the Sweat Shop!  Starting out with 60 bar facing burpees is never fun, but everyone paced it well and still had plenty in the tank once they got to the overhead squats. …

Outside The Box Feats

, , ,
When is the last time you tested your fitness outside the Shop? We are always encouraging our members to get outside our "newly painted" walls from time to time and use the awesome strength and conditioning you've gained from your weekly CrossFit…

Hot Coco Troopers

Big props to Martha and Allen, who despite the threat of bad weather, still completed the Hot Coco run in San Francisco this past Sunday!  They even did the 15K version, which is a little more than 9 miles!  Great job guys!  I'm considering…

CrossFit Open – Preseason w/ CrossFit Walnut Creek

With the 2017 CrossFit Open coming up soon (Feb. 23rd) our friends from CrossFit Walnut Creek thought it would be fun to get together again and do some previous Open workouts for fun and to ramp up for the actual Open at the end of February. …

The Holidays Are Over

This is still one of my favorite videos from 6 years ago!  Some of my personal favorite things are: Alex snatching with the axle bar (pretty sure 6 years later no one else has done such a thing) Seeing how small the gym used to be JB's muscle…

SPS Gym – The Future of Weightlifting in the U.S.

Our good friend Mike Jenkins, owner of SPS (Speed Power Strength) in Oakland, continues to raise the bar of what is to be expected in a fitness facility.  In his quest for being the premiere training center for upcoming Weightlifters, Mike…

Another Great Holiday Party

Big thanks to everyone that came out to our annual holiday party last weekend.  It's always great to see everyone in something other than their gym gear!  Also, thank you to Aaron of Hiroshi's Catering for the food, and Cathy of P.S. I Cake…