August: Accountabil-A-buddy Month

, ,
  Great work to all on keeping the Sweaty Swag flowing this month! There were awesome accomplishments, some big, some small, but what I loved this month was seeing you all challenge each other. Charlie, Jack, Camilo, and Lones accumulated…

The New CrossFit Games

, ,
Look for a complete recap of Jacqueline's weekend later this week from JB.  I on the other hand want to give my insight from what I experienced at the CrossFit Games with it being my first time I've been since 2013. Compared to Los Angeles,…

Walk this Way….Actually, Lets Just Drive

, ,
As some of you have known I was gone in Europe for almost a month, but I am now back! You can ask me about the trip any time you see me and I will do my best to give you the abbreviated version, but all in all it was an amazing experience. I…

Spartan Race – Sat. November 11th – Sacramento, CA

A couple of years ago there was a big group of Sweat Shoppers that did a Tough Mudder and it was a really fun time.  From everything I've heard, the Spartan Race is even better. Less gimmicky like electrocution wires, and more about just…

Hero WODs

Great turn out for Memorial Day "Murph" yesterday! While I wasn't able to do "Murph" yesterday, I have done it several times, and every time it is incredibly humbling. I came across an old article from the CrossFit Journal on "Murph" and the…

Sweat Shop BBQ

Big thanks to everyone that came out this weekend to the BBQ at Heather Farm.  Volleyball, badminton and spikeball, where all played in moderation, yet several of us where surprisingly sore the next day.  Perhaps less clean & jerks…

Do I Have to Be Fit to Start CrossFit?

, , ,
No. Absolutely no. No one-thousand times over. Having been doing CrossFit for a while, and now working at a CrossFit gym, I get the opportunity to talk to a lot of people about CrossFit who have never tried it before. Whether its a person just…

BBQ & Volleyball Sat. May 6th 12pm @ Heather Farm

Hopefully the nice weather is here to stay, as we'll be having a Sweat Shop BBQ and some sand volleyball at Heather Farm next Saturday, May 6th starting at 12pm.  I'll be bringing the meat and beers if some folks would like to bring a few…

Sweat Shop 5K

Great job to everyone that came out for the 5K this past Saturday.  We couldn't have asked for better weather!  Also, with such a great turnout, and the ever present need to improve our conditioning game, expect another 5K in the not so…