https://crossfitsweatshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/CrossfitSweatShopLogo1.jpg 0 0 Marko https://crossfitsweatshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/CrossfitSweatShopLogo1.jpg Marko2019-09-09 14:03:222019-09-09 14:03:22Monday’s Featured Member
Name: Vic(alish) Sandhu
- How long have you been doing CrossFit?
- I started in April 2015, so 4 years and 5 months.
- What were you doing for exercise before CrossFit?
- I ran two half marathons and was working out at 24 down the street.
- How did you begin training at CrossFit Sweat Shop?
- I was looking to join a CrossFit for a while. I saw that Sweat Shop did an on-ramp and thought it would be a great way to start. 4 and a half years later, I couldn’t be happier.
- What has been the most significant benefit or change since you’ve been a member of the Sweat Shop?
- Confidence, I am more confident in my abilities physically and it translates to every other area of my life. There is nothing better than walking in and looking to PR then PRing. Though the PR’s are less often now.
- What is your favorite exercise or workout?
- I like anything with a longer time domain. Murph is fun, but I am happy with a 20+ minute WOD any day!
- What is your least favorite exercise or workout?
- What is your favorite cheat meal/snack?
- I love any kind of pizza. My favorite place is Zachary’s! But you can find me at 54 il forno on a Friday night as well.
- What do you enjoy most about training at CrossFit Sweat Shop?
- The community is the best part. People pushing you to do your best is exactly what I need. For example, last year when I did Murph, I was struggling with the push ups and Ali came by and gave some words of encouragement. It was exactly what I needed at that moment.
- Now that you’ve been doing CrossFit, what’s one thing you could never see yourself doing again? (workout, nutrition, lifestyle, etc.)
- I can’t go back to a low intensity workout. I say that but I have started training for another half marathon.
- What is your proudest exercise related achievement?
- OPEN 2019, I was able to complete all the workouts Rx’d and did not get injured.
- What advice would you give someone who is hesitant to try CrossFit?
- I recently got my brother-in-law into it. I told him to just give it a try and don’t worry about your current level of fitness. A great quote comes to mind:
“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity” – Amelia Earhart
- What is your most sought after exercise goal?
- I would love to be one of the guys that takes his shirt off during the WOD. Though that is a pretty distant thought, as I am not working with a 6 pack yet, I will take a muscle up.
- What do you enjoy doing outside of CrossFit?
- I love traveling with my wife. We love weekend trips and finding great coffee and brunch spots. Let me know if you have any recommendations.
- What is something you have recently purchased for less than $100 (or acquired for free) that you thoroughly enjoy and would recommend to others?
- My Sister gifted me a “Hydro Flask”. I was initallly pretty skeptical but after using it, I am a huge fan. Keeps my water cold for days, not that it ever stays in there that long.
- Any advice you would give your 25 year old self?
- Dude, calm the **** down, Rome wasn’t built in a day. Prioritize quality in everything you do.