Weekend Warriors/Individual Variation In Olympic Lifting
Big ups to our always inspiring masters athletes, Chief Mike and Lones, who competed in the NorthEast Masters Classic all the way in Rhode Island! They both had awesome finishes! Lones took first place in the 60+ division and Mike took 5th place in the 60+ division. CrossFit masters competitions for the 60+ age group can be few and far between so Mike and Lones decided to make it a traveling Crossfit vacation and hung out at Martha’s Vineyard after! They are the true power fitness and classy couple! Awesome work you two!
Here’s some weekend reading for you all on individual variation with olympic weightlifting. As you all might have noticed in your years of doing CrossFit, especially with lifting, there is no one size fits all. There are many obvious fundamentals which need to be accounted for, but beyond the basics, often times each person needs to know what is best for their body type. This is why many lifters at a high level look a little different on their lifts.
- Skills: Before, During, After - December 15, 2017
- Holiday Party Tomorrow Night! - December 8, 2017
- Emotional IQ Podcast - December 1, 2017
- Weekly WOD Review 11/20/17 - November 20, 2017
- Right of Passage/The Forgotten Art Of Squatting - November 17, 2017
- Tension In The Muscle Up - November 10, 2017
- Get It In When You Can! - November 4, 2017
- Weekly WOD Insights - October 23, 2017
- Quality Increasing Quantity - October 20, 2017
- “Breaking2” Documentary - October 14, 2017