Warning: Not CrossFit Related…kinda
If you have some time and would like to relax, unwind, laugh, not think about CrossFit/The Open…check out this video! It’s a dang good video, and it always makes me laugh/sing along! (no judgement please.)
More importantly, I’m hoping the video serves as a reminder to enjoy the things that we are capable of doing/have. A lot of times it’s easy to become overwhelmed with the “this and that” of CrossFit (ie. trying to learn new skills, becoming stronger, faster, or what we can/can’t do in the open) as well as with whatever is going on in our own personal lives.
In terms of CrossFit, and specifically the open, I’m sure we all have some sort of expectations of how we would like to perform. If those expectations are being achieved or it’s not quite there yet, please try and remember the hard work and effort that has been put in all year! There is absolutely no way that 5 workouts are going to decide how I should feel about a whole year of working out with my friends and having fun!! So just a friendly reminder!
With that being said, there are very few things we really have genuine control over. One thing we do have complete control over is attitude. Everyday and every moment we have a choice in how we want to carry ourselves in terms of our attitude. Other people, workouts, certain circumstances seem like they can play a role in determining our attitude. But they don’t. You do. You make that decision.
So, again, if you have some time to relax and unwind…check out the video above. Laugh a little, sing a long, or make fun of it. Also, I may or may not have gone on a little tangent, but either way, enjoy!
- Weekly WOD Review 5/14/18 - May 13, 2018
- Mindfully Capable - May 10, 2018
- Friday Night Lights. Coming Soon to a Park Near You. - April 26, 2018
- Weekly WOD Review 4/16/18 - April 15, 2018
- Intro: Suitcase Deadlifts and KB Windmills - April 5, 2018
- Anti-What? Anti-Rotation! - March 29, 2018
- 3/29/18 WOD Review (brought to you by icy hot) - March 18, 2018
- Conditioning your Skills - March 15, 2018
- Competing after the Open - March 8, 2018
- Warming Up for the Open - March 1, 2018