Featured Athlete: Eric L.
Most people would describe Eric as a quite dude, … a mysterious dude that always has a new Porsche. Even after being a Sweat Shop member for more than 2 years, I’m still finding out new things about Eric. Just recently he helped coached Jacqueline, Bri, and Helen in the pool as they prepared for the CrossFit Games (Jacqueline) and Granite Games (Helen & Bri). They all agreed that Eric is an AMAZING swim coach! You’d never know it though, he quietly comes in, and gets work done at the gym. While he’s not the loud and outgoing type, if you do talk with him, you’ll quickly realize he’s a really nice dude. Next time he’s shirtless, ask him to demonstrate the trademark swimmer “lat-slap” move… apparently lots of swimmers can do it, but I find it crazy weird and impossible to replicate myself. Nonetheless, read more about Eric below!
Name: Eric Lopez a.k.a E-Lo, a.k.a Ricardo Froning
Age: Freshly 40
Q. How long have you been doing CrossFit?
Q. What were you doing for exercise before CrossFit?
Q. How did you begin training at CrossFit Sweat Shop?
Q. What has been the most significant benefit or change since you’ve been a member of the Sweat Shop?
Q. What is your favorite exercise or workout?
Q. What is your least favorite exercise or workout?
Q. What is your favorite cheat meal/snack?
Q. What do you enjoy most about training at CrossFit Sweat Shop?
Q. Now that you’ve been doing CrossFit, what’s one thing you could never see yourself doing again?
Q. What is your proudest exercise related achievement?
Q. What advice would you give someone who is hesitant to try CrossFit?
Q. What is your most sought after exercise goal?
Q. What do you enjoy doing outside of CrossFit?
Q. What is something you have recently purchased for less than $100 (or acquired for free) that you thoroughly enjoy and would recommend to others?
Q. Any advice you would give your 25 year old self?
- CrossFit Age Group Qualifiers Start This Week - April 18, 2018
- Community: The Real Fitness X-Factor - April 13, 2018
- WOD Overview & Insights 4/2/18 - April 1, 2018
- CrossFit Open Intramural Wrap Up - March 27, 2018
- Farewell Ryan! - March 16, 2018
- Weekly WOD Insights 3/5/18 - March 4, 2018
- Getting the Most Out of the Open - February 27, 2018
- CrossFit Open – Schedule & Logistics - February 16, 2018
- Weekly WOD Insights 2/5/18 - February 4, 2018
- 24 Hours With Rich Froning - January 30, 2018