With Thanksgiving fast approaching I just wanted to cover a few reminders before the big feast. For Thanksgiving day, we are only having two classes, an 8:00 am and 9:00 a.m. The day after Thanksgiving, 11/24, we will be having an 8:00, 9:00, and 10:00 a.m. class. After that we will be back to a normal schedule for Saturday and Sunday.
In addition to the schedule announcements I wanted to talk about Thanksgiving day itself, mainly the eating and drinking. The other day I was scrolling through Instagram and I came across a post that resonated with me and I am sure will resonate with others as well. It came from Jordan Syatt who is well known personal trainer, and even the personal trainer for serial entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk. If you want to know more about him you can click here. The post I saw talked about how people can go a little crazy when it comes to worrying about what they eat and drink during Thanksgiving, and other Holidays. When it comes to Holidays and special occasions, its not the time to try and hunker down on our diet and follow it to the T, its the time to enjoy our food and drink! Diets are successful when they are followed consistently over a long period of time. One or two days of deviation is not going to throw off your diet completely. Have that extra piece of pie, throw some gravy on those potatoes, have another glass of wine, just enjoy the holidays! Take the time you have to enjoy a meal with family, or friends, and forget about those everyday stressors.
Now, in saying all this, every Saturday should not be a Thanksgiving day. Its as I said before, diets are successful because they are followed consistently over a long period of time. Follow the diet 80% of the time, go ahead and enjoy yourself the other 20%. Think of Holidays or special occasions as a light at the end of the tunnel. For example after Thanksgiving, get back on the diet, stay fairly diligent, and come Christmas go ahead and enjoy yourself once more! You’ve earned it! If you want to see the post that sparked this idea go ahead and give it a read below!
💥HOW TO DIET ON THANKSGIVING💥 – 🦄Hi! I have an idea. It might work. Might not. But the only way to find out is to test it, right? Right. So let’s do this – wrap your arms around my waist, swing yourself onto the back of my broomstick, & let’s go for a quick flight around the pitch to chat about Thanksgiving. Just don’t squeeze my tum too tight or yesterday’s custard cakes might make an untimely reappearance. – ☕️Anyhoodle. – 🦄Too many people worry and concern and get anxious about losing their progress over Thanksgiving (and Christmas and Channukah and New Years and Kwanza and blah blah blah). – ☕️They worry about how much they'll eat & drink, and they don't want to get fat but they also want to have fun and celebrate. So they drive themselves bonkers trying to figure out how to mesh "having fun" with "achieving their fitness goals" and eventually just say "screw it" and often binge, regret it, and put a massive damper on the holiday season. – 🦄Eff. That. Noise. – ☕️I'm not telling you to eat till you’re sick, but I am saying don't you dare worry about celebrating the holidays and enjoying yourself and even putting on a few pounds. Because most of the weight you put on is NOT fat. It's water and stomach content and glycogen and magical unicorn sparkles. And as soon as you get back to your normal routine it'll come right off, you'll be good to go, and won't feel bad in the least for going "off track." Which brings up a good point. – 🦄When you're 97 years old, ballin’ out in your big, smelly diaper and saying anything you want bc 97 year olds have earned that right…you're not going to think back to Thanksgiving 2017 and say, "shit I really wish I didn't have the mashed potatoes, apple crunch, and ice cream." But you WILL say, "why the fuck was I so damn uptight? I shoulda let loose, had more fun, and not let nutrition control every waking moment of my life." – ☕️My point? Thanksgiving isn't the time to worry about your diet. Focus on eating "right" 90% of the time when you're at home and in your routine. The few times you're fortunate enough to celebrate the holidays, though, you better not even THINK about counting a calorie. Not even 1.
- Weekly WOD insights 2/4/19 - February 3, 2019
- Chiro + Functional Fitness= Awesome Results! - February 1, 2019
- Back to Basics - January 24, 2019
- Move into the new year with movement intelligence! - January 17, 2019
- Weekly WOD insights 1/14/19 - January 13, 2019
- 💰🐦🎄Money Mobility Moves 3: The Holiday Pigeon edition 🎄🐦💰 - December 20, 2018
- Weekly WOD Insights 12/17/18 - December 16, 2018
- Movement Refocused: Single Leg RDL progressions - December 13, 2018
- Keep Those Toes Down! - December 6, 2018
- Its all about the (meal) prep - November 29, 2018