Take Your Pick
One of the things I love most about CrossFit is that there is always something to work on, always a new skill to learn, always something to improve. It’s hard to get bored of your “workout routine” when it isn’t so routine. It’s an amazing feeling when you accomplish something you’ve been working on for a while. I’ve been there. I couldn’t do double unders to save my life when I first started, but when I slowly started linking them together, I was over the moon!
That being said, sometimes it is easy to get overwhelmed or hard on yourself when those skills you would like to master are taking longer than you would like. Let’s look at Olympic lifters for a moment, they spend ALL of their time and energy mastering two lifts, the clean and jerk and the snatch. Likewise, gymnasts only focus their attention to, you guessed it, gymnastics. With CrossFit we are working on olympic lifting, gymnastics, power lifting, strongman and so on; all while increasing our anaerobic and aerobic capacity. So, take your pick. Choose a few movements that you’d really like to get better at and focus on those. Write out a few SMART goals (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, timely) and get to work on achieving them. And remember to be kind to yourself and have fun.
Just Play. Have Fun. Enjoy the game. – Michael Jordan
- What is the OPEN? - February 20, 2018
- Cell Phone Ergonomics - February 13, 2018
- Let it go - February 6, 2018
- WOD Insights Week of 1/29 - January 28, 2018
- The Saboteurs Of Health In America - January 23, 2018
- Whole 30 – Fast & Easy - January 16, 2018
- Drawing Inspiration - January 9, 2018
- Happy New Year! WOD Review - January 1, 2018
- Push It - December 19, 2017
- Sweat Shop Holiday Party Wrap Up - December 13, 2017