Take Your Pick
One of the things I love most about CrossFit is that there is always something to work on, always a new skill to learn, always something to improve. It’s hard to get bored of your “workout routine” when it isn’t so routine. It’s an amazing feeling when you accomplish something you’ve been working on for a while. I’ve been there. I couldn’t do double unders to save my life when I first started, but when I slowly started linking them together, I was over the moon!
That being said, sometimes it is easy to get overwhelmed or hard on yourself when those skills you would like to master are taking longer than you would like. Let’s look at Olympic lifters for a moment, they spend ALL of their time and energy mastering two lifts, the clean and jerk and the snatch. Likewise, gymnasts only focus their attention to, you guessed it, gymnastics. With CrossFit we are working on olympic lifting, gymnastics, power lifting, strongman and so on; all while increasing our anaerobic and aerobic capacity. So, take your pick. Choose a few movements that you’d really like to get better at and focus on those. Write out a few SMART goals (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, timely) and get to work on achieving them. And remember to be kind to yourself and have fun.
Just Play. Have Fun. Enjoy the game. – Michael Jordan
- Multitasking Fail - April 17, 2018
- Feel the Rhythm - April 10, 2018
- Weekly WOD Insights 3/26 - March 25, 2018
- 18.4 Highlight Vid! - March 21, 2018
- 18.3 Highlight Video - March 14, 2018
- Get Your Mind Right – Decluttering - March 6, 2018
- WOD Insights 2/26 - February 26, 2018
- What is the OPEN? - February 20, 2018
- Cell Phone Ergonomics - February 13, 2018
- Let it go - February 6, 2018