Here are a couple reposts on practicing rope climb wrapping and legless. In the first video, Lulu demos the traditional Spanish wrap and two versions of the Russian wrap. While many of you can practice these while hanging on the rope, the second video shows Joel and Lisa practicing these wraps while holding onto the pull-up bar. This is a much easier option for learning the footwork, as grip is less of a factor. The last couple videos show legless rope climbs. Try these out! If you need help with these or help setting up the rope for practice, ask the coaches!
Practicing the wraps with rope tied to pull-up bar….
Legless Rope Climbs
I will do a couple posts on these later because I think there are a bunch of different styles and techniques that people can use to cater to their weakness. However, I wanted to show you the difference between a good “hand over hand” method with good rhythm of the legs, and one without. Legless requires a ton of upper body strength and once you establish this in training, the legs will start to make more sense.
Hand-Over-Hand (Good Upper Body Strength and Leg rhythm)
What hand over hand looks like with less than optimal leg rhythm…
- Weekly WOD Insight 1/15/18 - January 15, 2018
- Building Stronger Pull-Ups - January 13, 2018
- 2017 Wins - December 30, 2017
- WOD Overview 12/18/17 - December 18, 2017
- Skills: Before, During, After - December 15, 2017
- Holiday Party Tomorrow Night! - December 8, 2017
- Emotional IQ Podcast - December 1, 2017
- Weekly WOD Review 11/20/17 - November 20, 2017
- Right of Passage/The Forgotten Art Of Squatting - November 17, 2017
- Tension In The Muscle Up - November 10, 2017