Harrison Maurus 192 Kilo Clean and Jerk
I got to watch a couple sessions of the Olympic Lifting Pan American Games last week and it was really amazing to see some of the best lifters in the world! My favorite were these darn youth lifters! Some that stuck out were Maddy Myers, a familiar CF girl who is ridiculously strong and this other 17 year old, Harrison Maurus, who recently visited SPS a couple months back, made insane weight look so easy. They posted that his 186kg clean and jerk “wasn’t near his max”, so I went on youtube and found his youth world record 192 kg clean and jerk! Check it out!
This video shows his three lifts, ending with the world record. Notice how his world record lift was the most pristine. Some things to watch:
1.) His back and torso maintain tension and there is no deviation off the ground.
2.) He brings the bar in to his hip with his lats.
3.) He stays on his heels the entire way until his hips fully extend
4.) He catches it at the bottom and does not deviate at all..ridiculously strong
5.) On the jerk dip, he stays on his heels until hips are extended and doesn’t drop forward whatsoever!
- Intramural Open and 18.1 Prep - February 23, 2018
- Weekly WOD Overview - February 12, 2018
- Welcome Baby Jenson! - February 10, 2018
- “Practice” Ratings - February 3, 2018
- Weekly WOD Insight 1/15/18 - January 15, 2018
- Building Stronger Pull-Ups - January 13, 2018
- 2017 Wins - December 30, 2017
- WOD Overview 12/18/17 - December 18, 2017
- Skills: Before, During, After - December 15, 2017
- Holiday Party Tomorrow Night! - December 8, 2017