Get Your Mind Right – Decluttering
There is something quite relaxing and calming to me about sitting down and relaxing in a clean and clutter free home. With a toddler, those days are far and few between, but recently, I have adapted principals that help me with my goal of living a clutter free life. A few months ago, a client gave me the book “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing”.
After reading the book, I realized I was holding on to things that A- I didn’t need and haven’t used in years and B-didn’t bring me joy. For example, I used to go though my closet and look though articles of clothing that I hadn’t worn in over a year, but think to myself, “What if I need it later”, in which case would prevent me getting rid of it. I now ask myself one question, “Do I love it”, if I don’t, I get rid of it. I have donated so many bags of clothing and household items that were not serving a purpose and it feels amazing!
The mental boost I get from decluttering is unbelievably freeing. I used to be a person that hated throwing away things (if you saw my dads garage, you would see where I get it from) but now find it completely satisfying. By adapting this habit, I have found, it also helps me decided if an item is really worth purchasing. I used to come go into target only needed 3 things but come out with 15. Now, I think a little more careful if it is something that I love and should have in my home. If you’re looking for a good book to jumpstart your spring cleaning, look no further!
- Weekly WOD Insights - May 28, 2018
- Moving Frequently - May 22, 2018
- Podcast Recommendation - May 8, 2018
- Weekly WOD Insights 4/23 - April 23, 2018
- Multitasking Fail - April 17, 2018
- Feel the Rhythm - April 10, 2018
- Weekly WOD Insights 3/26 - March 25, 2018
- 18.4 Highlight Vid! - March 21, 2018
- 18.3 Highlight Video - March 14, 2018
- Get Your Mind Right – Decluttering - March 6, 2018