Friday Night Lights. Coming Soon to a Park Near You.
Last year we had a HUGE turnout for basketball, beers, and music at Larkey Park! As the day’s start to get longer, allergies start to kick in, and the heat begins to turn up look for some Friday Night Lights on the courts! More details to come soon, so keep an eye out on the Facebook Members page. Usually you’ll see a post from Al, Taneya, JB, or myself seeing who’s interested!
Not really into basketball or have limited skill? That’s totally fine! There’s usually plenty of snacks and adult beverages to go around until you get the liquid courage to play. Either way, come hang out and watch your fellow Sweat Shoppers pretend like they know how to play basketball! In all seriousness, for those really interested you can count on 10-15 people being out there. It was pretty easy to get a few teams of 5 any given week. Expect to be out there from 7pm – 9pm!
Now for some highlights from last season…
- Roy showing up and bringing us some LEGIT ribs
- Me taking Jin to school on the courts
- Al’s AND1 Mix Tape
- DJ hitting a game winner over me…ugh
- Britney’s lockdown defense
- Aaron Thorne
- MVP Cheer Squad from Nadia and Dana
- Taneya’s money jump shot
Again, keep an eye our on the Members page! Be on the lookout for a post from any of the above mentioned folks within the next few weeks! Dust off the shoes and dial in that jump shot, get ready Sweat Shoppers!
- Weekly WOD Review 3/11/19 - March 10, 2019
- Weekly WOD Review 2/18/19 - February 18, 2019
- Be Great. Not Ordinary. - February 13, 2019
- 1/28/19 WOD Review - January 28, 2019
- CrossFit Open 2019 - January 23, 2019
- Single Leg Gains - January 16, 2019
- Weekly WOD Review 1/7/19 - January 6, 2019
- Weekly WOD Review 12/24/18 - December 24, 2018
- My First Spartan Race: Recap - December 5, 2018
- WOD Review 11/26/18 - November 25, 2018