Extra Credit Homework
The Sweat Shop Swag Board has been around for a few months now, and I’m always super pumped to see you guys put in some extra work outside of class! Those of you that have been consistently working on extra credit stuff, keep it up! If you haven’t gotten a chance or just not sure what to do with the extra time at the end of class or if you show up a bit early to class, here’s some ideas to get you going! Down below you’ll find some easy conditioning work, some fundamental pulling/pressing extra credit, and some strength exercises to give you guys a starting point!
5 x 400m Run
*Start with your 1-mile pace one week (ie. if you have an 8:00 mile, then your 400 pace would be 2:00). Each week, cut 5 seconds or so off of that pace.
10 – 30 sets (depending on time) of :30 max effort and :30 off. Ask a coach to set the feature on the bike where it counts down :30 and counts your rest for you as well.
Strength – For these aim for sets across, starting off nice and light. Each week try and increase the weight by no more than 5 – 10 pounds from the previous week. This should be a gradual progression, so try not to be in such a hurry to his those heavy weights!
5 sets of 3 reps
Deadlifts (no TnG)
6 sets of 2 reps
4 sets of 12 reps
5 sets of 5 reps
Single Arm Dumbbell Row
3 sets of 8 -12 reps
3 x Max Pull Ups
*try to increase total pull ups by 1 each time you perform this
25 Toes to Bar For Time
50 Toes to Bar For Time
Some of these workouts can be done relatively quickly, or they might take a bit longer. My goal though is to just give some of you guys a starting point to get some extra credit assignments in! These are just a few ideas, so if you have something in specific on your mind feel free to ask one of your coaches!
- Little Choices for Big Outcomes - November 14, 2018
- Go Ahead. Challenge Yourself! - November 7, 2018
- 10/29/18 Weekly WOD Review - October 28, 2018
- New Skill = New Challenge - October 17, 2018
- 10/1/18 WOD Review - September 30, 2018
- Rite of Passage 2018 - September 20, 2018
- CrossFit Team Series and Dubai CrossFit Championship - September 13, 2018
- WOD Review 9/3/18 - September 2, 2018
- Quads and Hamstrings - August 23, 2018
- Growing Up - August 16, 2018