CrossFit Open Schedule and Intramural Team Captains!
Ok first things first, with the CrossFit Open starting this week I want to let everyone know when we’ll be running heats of the Open workouts, and which classes will be affected.
- The workouts are announced each Thursday afternoon at 5:00pm. We’ll have the live broadcast on the t.v. at the gym. During the announcement, the CrossFit Games organizers also will have 2 top athletes go head-to-head in the workout minutes after finding out what it is. After the announcement there is usually a good bit of discussion among the coaches and competitors as to what may be the best way to approach the workout.
- Thursday at 7:30pm Open Gym is your first time to try out the workout. We won’t be running “official” heats on Thursday evening, but if you’re dying to do it on Thursday, there will definitely be someone there to judge you. (side note: most people don’t want to do it on Thursday, but are very interested to watch someone go through it 🙂
- Also, on Thursday evening, once I know what the workout is, how long it will take, and the equipment requirements, I can setup appropriate heat schedules.
- Check here to view the available heats, AND to reserve your spot(s)
- We’ll be running heats on:
- Friday 5:30pm
- Saturday 9:00-11:00am
- Sunday 9:30am
- Monday 12:00pm
- Therefore, there will be no regular CrossFit Class during those times (Friday 5:30pm, Saturday 9:00am, 10:00am, 11:00am, Sunday 9:30am, Monday 12:00pm)
- Within each of those times there will be several heat times. Choose the one you like, then make sure you are warmed up and ready to go before your heat time.
- Since everyone who is signed up for the Open will need to be judged during your workout, will also require you to judge for someone else either prior to, or after your workout.
- Lastly, make sure to SUBMIT your score, ONLINE, before Monday at 5:30pm. I recommend submitting as soon as possible after completing the workout, EVEN if you know for sure you are doing it again. Every year we have people enter their score incorrectly or forget to enter their score, or are leaderboarding until the last minute and then run into issues when trying to enter their score at the last second. I don’t recommend this. We have an iPad at the gym for anyone to use to enter their score. If you have any questions let a coach know and we’ll be happy to help!
Now we are adding an additional layer of what I think will be lots of fun this year, our intramural teams! First off, it’s important for everyone to understand that these intramural teams and/or simply signing up for the Open in no way adversely affects the score for our Regional team.
So this year we’ve decided to split the entire gym into 4 intramural teams, each team will consist of 12-15 people, depending on how many total people sign up for the Open. Each week teams will get points for not only how their team members do in the Open workouts, but also on how many people participate, AND submit a score! At the end of the Open we’ll declare which team is the overall winner.
The team captains for the intramural teams are:
Mike “The Dragon” Lee
There will be a draft later this week so if you are planning on doing the Open, but haven’t signed up, AND selected team Sweat Shop (see the video on the Facebook members page), make sure you do so ASAP so you are on our list of potential draftees. We’ll post the team rosters as soon as the draft is done!
- Weekly WOD Overview - October 7, 2018
- Don’t Just Fix It and Forget It – Trends in Cues - September 21, 2018
- Weekly WOD Insight 9/10/18 - September 9, 2018
- CrossFit Games Layoffs Signals Big Changes to Come - August 21, 2018
- Weekly WOD Overview – 8/13/18 - August 12, 2018
- Leader Board Challenge & Upcoming Raffle - August 8, 2018
- Sweat Shop BBQ – Sunday Aug. 19th – 12:00pm @ Heather Farms - August 7, 2018
- Weekly WOD Insight 7/16/18 - July 15, 2018
- Mindful Running - July 12, 2018
- Farewell Rene! - July 3, 2018