Coconut Oil Controversy
Coconut oil has been under scrutiny by the American Heart Association. I came across this rebuttal that makes some excellent points. Check it out below. As for me, I’ll continue enjoying coconut oil.
You may have seen the news late last week about the latest “Presidential Advisory” on dietary fats released from the American Heart Association (AHA) published online in Circulation. The part of this report that seems to be making the most news around the internet is that coconut oil is unhealthy. In the last few days I’ve seen titles like “Coconut Oil is as Bad as Butter”, “Coconut Oil is Unhealthy and Has Never Been Healthy”. Not only do these types of headlines cause increased confusion for the general population, for those of us who understand the nuances and politics behind the AHA’s statement it’s absolutely infuriating. So, I thought I would write a rebuttal and present some actual facts about why their latest advice, and their continued promotion of inflammatory foods like margarine (yes, seriously) should be taken with a grain of salt.
Read full article here.
- Weekly WOD Insights - May 28, 2018
- Moving Frequently - May 22, 2018
- Podcast Recommendation - May 8, 2018
- Weekly WOD Insights 4/23 - April 23, 2018
- Multitasking Fail - April 17, 2018
- Feel the Rhythm - April 10, 2018
- Weekly WOD Insights 3/26 - March 25, 2018
- 18.4 Highlight Vid! - March 21, 2018
- 18.3 Highlight Video - March 14, 2018
- Get Your Mind Right – Decluttering - March 6, 2018