Coconut Oil Controversy
Coconut oil has been under scrutiny by the American Heart Association. I came across this rebuttal that makes some excellent points. Check it out below. As for me, I’ll continue enjoying coconut oil.
You may have seen the news late last week about the latest “Presidential Advisory” on dietary fats released from the American Heart Association (AHA) published online in Circulation. The part of this report that seems to be making the most news around the internet is that coconut oil is unhealthy. In the last few days I’ve seen titles like “Coconut Oil is as Bad as Butter”, “Coconut Oil is Unhealthy and Has Never Been Healthy”. Not only do these types of headlines cause increased confusion for the general population, for those of us who understand the nuances and politics behind the AHA’s statement it’s absolutely infuriating. So, I thought I would write a rebuttal and present some actual facts about why their latest advice, and their continued promotion of inflammatory foods like margarine (yes, seriously) should be taken with a grain of salt.
Read full article here.
- More Than A Place To Workout - October 17, 2017
- Oct 9-15 WOD Insights - October 8, 2017
- CrossFit Sweat Shop Social - October 3, 2017
- Crowd Cow - September 19, 2017
- Rest Days Mental Gains - September 12, 2017
- Boredom And Deeper Thinking - August 29, 2017
- Moo-Less Mousse - August 22, 2017
- Baby Berkley - August 15, 2017
- MCT oil - August 8, 2017
- Functional Training - August 1, 2017