CrossFit Pair Up to Throwdown

CrossFit recently announced a new online event that sounds like a quick, and fun way to do a workout at your gym, with a buddy, and see how you stack up to others around the world!  The event is called the CrossFit Pair Up to Throwdown and…

Weekly WOD Insights 5/10/21

Monday  Bringing back the ol meat and potatoes aka the Push/Pull Emom. If you were able to do last weeks then I would encourage you to stick with the same movements this week, and try to increase the volume or loading. For the finisher you…

Good Luck Sweat Shop Masters Athletes!

This Thursday at 12:00pm CrossFit will announce the workouts that our master's athletes who qualified will complete in order to qualify for the 2021 CrossFit Games in Madison, Wisconsin!  Our Sweat Shop athletes that qualified for this round,…

Qualified Sweat Shop Athletes!

Props to everyone that participated in the 2021 CrossFit Open!  Super to cool to see lots of first timers participating this year!  And given that this year was only 3 weeks of competition, I'm actually already looking forward to next year,…

New Year, New Coach

This week Braydan completed the shadowing portion of his training process and starting next week will be coaching classes!  For those that don't know, Braydan starting working out at the Sweat Shop seven years ago!  He is now a college student…

Coach Bri competing at 2020 Masters Fitness Collective Aug. 20-23

Bri is currently in Fort Wayne Indiana preparing for 4 days of battle against 7 of the fittest 35-39 year old females in the world.  With Bri having originally qualified 2020 CrossFit Games in Madison Wisconsin, we were disappointed to hear…

Weekly WOD Insights 6/15/20

Monday  Today is going to be fairly warm so if you are planning on running the mile today, be prepared for a bit of heat. Be sure to hydrate before and after your workout. Don't get too down on yourself if you find that you didn't match or…

Healthcare Worker Highlight – Megan P.

When she's not spending time with her daughter Sadie, husband CJ (who is also a healthcare worker), or visiting Disneyland, Megan is a NICU nurse (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) at John Muir in Walnut Creek.  Even though I recently had dinner…

Healthcare Worker Highlight

Celeste is another Sweat Shop member we are highlighting today!  Longtime member whom I distinctly remember doing front and back squats with only a wooden dowel because she was unsure if she had the strength to do more.  Eventually we added…