Bri & Helen Compete at Granite Games
This past weekend Helen and Bri competed in the 2017 Granite Games outside Minneapolis,MN. This is one of the biggest CrossFit competitions outside of the CrossFit Games, which similar to the CrossFit Games does, held a qualifier that athletes compete in before moving on to the Granite Games.
It was a pretty diverse test of fitness which included among other things, a swim/run event, an event with stadium runs and sandbag carries (for Helen), a surprise 5am bus ride to a remote location for a trail run (for Bri), as well as your standard CrossFit affair…rope climbs, handstand walks, a clean ladder, etc.
Aside from greatly expanding their training to include a swimming, both Bri and Helen performed the workouts as well, or better than they did in practice… which can be very difficult to do given all of the added stresses and variables that come along with the game day competition.
Great job ladies! I’m proud of you both!
- Weekly WOD Insight 7/16/18 - July 15, 2018
- Mindful Running - July 12, 2018
- Farewell Rene! - July 3, 2018
- Weekly Workout Overview – 6/18/18 - June 17, 2018
- Leader Board Movement… LET’S GO! - June 14, 2018
- 321 Go MD - June 9, 2018
- Weekly WOD Insight 5/21/18 - May 20, 2018
- CrossFit Rowing – First Refine Technique, Then Add Volume, & Intenity - May 11, 2018
- WOD Insights 4/30/18 - April 29, 2018
- CrossFit Age Group Qualifiers Start This Week - April 18, 2018