Beating Mental Blocks in Oly Lifts
I just came across this article at a perfect time as I’ve spoken to more than a handful of Sweat Shoppers about this recently; getting over the mental block on the lifts. The article is written by Greg Everett of Catalysts Athletics and I was surprised at a couple things, one being that he actually talks about EMOMS being a useful tool (this is an olympic weightlifting coach) as well as some other strategies that I’ve tried on my own such as making different but vary weight increases getting closer to the weight that gets me nervous. In the article, while he talks about the “mental block“, keep note that all his solutions are physical practice strategies that you can all try in order to become more confident in the lifts. In other words, they are more about how to train the lifts as opposed to imagery or just psyching yourself up by screaming at the barbell.
Read the article HERE.
- Weekly WOD Insights 12/10/18 - December 9, 2018
- Holiday Party/Heavy Bag Challenge - December 7, 2018
- Movement Refocused: Hip Mobility Stretches - December 1, 2018
- Weekly WOD Insights 11/12/18 - November 12, 2018
- Winner Week! - November 3, 2018
- Weekly WOD Overview 10/15/18 - October 14, 2018
- October Challenge: Rope Climbs! - October 6, 2018
- Weekly WOD Insight 9/17/18 - September 16, 2018
- Peak Power Rowing/Bri @ Granite Games! - September 14, 2018
- The Sports Gene: Hardware and Software - September 7, 2018