The 2018 CrossFit Open is Upon Us
The 2018 CrossFit Open is exactly one week from today! Not sure what the Open is? The CrossFit Open is simply a 5 week competition that involves the entire world! Cool! There are many different divisions to choose from so that all ability levels may compete. For more information, feel free to check it out here!
With that being said, I’m sure there are a mixed bag of emotions when this time of the year rolls on by for some of you. For those that are excited, you might have signed up the very first day! And that’s awesome! Procrastinators, like myself, who know they are going to participate but sign up last minute…just don’t forget to sign up! I did yesterday! For those that are on the bubble though, I just wanted to give you guys a couple reasons to sign up!
Reasons to Sign Up for the 2018 CrossFit Open:
- From the years I’ve participated, the workouts that have been released are truly a good test of fitness. Over the course of 5 weeks, the workouts seem to do a good job of testing all of the CrossFit Fitness Domains.
- Every year I’ve seen people surprise themselves with what they are capable of achieving, this makes me so proud as a coach!
- For those that do not participate in local competitions, this is a good way to get some harmless fun competition in.
- We will be doing an in-house draft like last year!
- This is a chance to showcase what some of you guys have been working on all year! (chest to bars, toes to bars, muscle ups, handstand push ups, etc…)
- Our Sweat Shop Family comes together to cheer each other on as we attack whatever Dave Castro throws at us. This is the best one in my opinion!
- Memorable moments each week.
- Watch JB and Nabil go full bananas
- For some, this a chance to move on to the next level of competition (regionals or the games).
- Really appreciate all the hard work you’ve put in over the course of the year!
It’s important to remember while doing the CrossFit Open to enjoy it! In my experience, I’ve noticed how much people can get caught up with their rank (in the world, in the gym, region, whatever). If you find this happening to yourself, remember to take a step back and enjoy what’s going on around you! Exercise and Fitness! Yes!
In the end, if I swayed one person who was on the bubble to sign up…awesome! If you still need a little more convincing, feel free to chat with on of your coaches! Good luck everyone! And let’s just have some good, clean, family fun!
- Growing Up - August 16, 2018
- WOD Review 8/6/18 - August 5, 2018
- Focus on the Enjoyment - July 19, 2018
- WOD Review 7/9/18 - July 8, 2018
- Introducing: Assault Air Runner - June 28, 2018
- Hamstring Life - June 21, 2018
- 6/11/18 Weekly Wod Review - June 10, 2018
- Improving Aerobic Capacity - May 24, 2018
- Weekly WOD Review 5/14/18 - May 13, 2018
- Mindfully Capable - May 10, 2018