The final week is here! Congrats to all who have made it this far. The final Open workout like every year before has THRUSTERS! Muscle endurance and lungs highlight this workout. Since strength won’t be a big issue for most people, it will be about managing intensity throughout the 10 rounds. For those who are proficient at double unders, this workout will hurt as you will continuously move through the movements. If this is you, pace early and think about each round being just like the previous while also having a little juice in the tank on the last two rounds or so to make a move. You want to avoid going out too hot and make sure you stay focused on double unders to not miss any reps while fatigued. For those of you who struggle on double unders, it will be a long one. If you know it will just be a bunch of double unders, try scaled. Break up all the movements early on. Lots of jumping and squatting so make sure you are warm-ed up well and open up your hips and ankles.
10 rounds for time of:
9 thrusters, 95/65
Row, run, or bike for 2 minutes
1 minute of single unders
1 minute of double under practice
Couch Stretch: 1 minute each leg
Ankle/Calf Stretch series: 2 minutes each leg
Hip Distraction Series: :20 seconds each
10 reps empty bar thrusters
**If proficient at DU, do 1 full round nice and easy and see how long it takes. Pace early rounds :10-:15 seconds slower during workout.
It’s been a fun 5 weeks! Keep it strong and bring it home!
- Weekly WOD Insights 3/4/19 - March 3, 2019
- Weekly WOD Insights 2/11/19 - February 10, 2019
- Weekly WOD Insights 1/21/19 - January 20, 2019
- Boiling Point - January 18, 2019
- Weekly WOD Review 12/31/18 - December 30, 2018
- Weekly WOD Insights 12/10/18 - December 9, 2018
- Holiday Party/Heavy Bag Challenge - December 7, 2018
- Movement Refocused: Hip Mobility Stretches - December 1, 2018
- Weekly WOD Insights 11/12/18 - November 12, 2018
- Winner Week! - November 3, 2018